CBD oil or cannabidiol have been used for thousands of years as a naturally growing herb. CBD oil becomes very popular and famous in the recent years due to the movement for legalized marijuana in certain countries. CBD oil has a wide range of effects on health and has been connected to a diverse number of health problems, ranging from migraines and stress to lack of appetite and sex drive. CBD oil has even been connected to reducing the risk of certain cancers, as well as reducing pain, improving the conditions of the heart, and helping people get a good night’s sleep.
What is CBD oil?
CBD is one of 104 chemicals compounds known as cannabinoids that can be found in the cannabis plant. It’s a naturally occurring substance, which can be extracted and mixed with a carrier oil often used hemp seeds or coconut to create CBD oil.
CBD oil is most readily available as a tincture. It can also be added to water or smoothies. A spray form is available, as are capsules, creams that can be applied topically, and e-liquid for vape pens.
According to a 2013 study published in the British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology, CBD benefits include acting in some experimental models as an anti-inflammatory, anticonvulsant, antioxidant, antiemetic, anxiolytic and antipsychotic agent. It serves as a potential medicine for the treatment of neuroinflammation, epilepsy, oxidative injury, vomiting and nausea, anxiety and schizophrenia.
CBD Oil Benefits and Uses
- Relieves Pain and Inflammation: CBD oil, especially in combination with THC, may be effective in reducing pain and inflammation associated with diseases like multiple sclerosis and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Has Antipsychotic Effects: Many research shows that CBD oil produces antipsychotic effects. It prevents human experimental psychosis and is effective in open case reports and clinical trials in patients with schizophrenia, with a remarkable safety profile.
- Reduces Anxiety: CBD oil contains THC which is very good for releasing pleasure hormones and relaxing the mind. It also helps in reducing stress and inducing a sense of calmness and relaxation.
- Helps to Fight Cancer: Many reports have shown that the active ingredients in cannabis essential oil can have preventive effects on cancer. It can also cause a reduction in tumor size, thereby making it easier to effectively fight cancer.
- Relieves Nausea: Cannabis has been used for centuries for the suppression of nausea and vomiting. Research has revealed that among more than 80 cannabinoid compounds found in marijuana, both the intoxicant THC and the non-intoxicant CBD helps to get rid of nausea and vomiting in animal studies.
- Improves Brain Health: Cannabis has shown to have positive effects on people suffering from epilepsy and multiple sclerosis. It is also effective in dealing with multiple other neurological conditions like Dravet syndrome and Parkinson’s disease. It prevents neurodegeneration and cognitive decline, thereby helping those suffering from Alzheimer’s.
- Promotes Heart Health: Recent research has linked CBD with several benefits for the heart and circulatory system, including the ability to lower high blood pressure. High blood pressure is linked to higher risks of a number of health conditions, including stroke, heart attack, and metabolic syndrome. Researchers have suggested that the stress- and anxiety-reducing properties of CBD are responsible for its ability to help lower blood pressure.
- Lowers Incidence of Diabetes: In diabetic mice, treatment with CBD reduced the incidence of diabetes by 56% and significantly reduced inflammation.
CBD oil has been studied for its potential role in treating many common health issues, including anxiety, depression, acne and heart disease and fighting against cancer, diabetics.
Though there is much to be learned about the efficacy and safety of CBD, results from recent studies suggest that CBD may provide a safe, powerful natural treatment for many health issues.