Broccoli Salad Recipe
- 1 head broccoli
- 6 to 8 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup raisins, optional
- 8 ounces sharp Cheddar, cut into very small chunks
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
How to make:
- Trim off the large leaves from the broccoli stem.
- Remove the tough stalk at the end and wash broccoli head thoroughly.
- Cut the head into flowerets and the stem into bite-size pieces.
- Place in a large bowl.
- Add the crumbled bacon, onion, raisins if using, and cheese.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients, stirring well.
- Add to broccoli mixture and toss gently.
Now serve this side dishes broccoli salad.