Health Benefits of Broccoli
Broccoli is a very common vegetable but we may not know how nutritionally rich in this vegetable. It is a very good source of dietary fiber, pantothenic acid, vitamin B6, vitamin E, manganese, phosphorus, choline, vitamin B1, vitamin A (in the form of carotenoids), potassium and copper. Broccoli is also a good source of vitamin B1, magnesium, omega-3 fatty acids, protein, zinc, calcium, iron, niacin, and selenium.
Here are some health benefits of broccoli,
- Helps Prevent Cancer: broccoli contains a powerful antioxidant and anti-carcinogen that hinders the growth of breast, cervical and prostate cancer.
- Curbs Overeating: A cup of broccoli has as much protein as a cup of rice or corn- with only half the calories.
- Boosts Immune System: A cup of broccoli has a large amount of beta-carotene, Zink selenium which is strengthening our immune system.
- Fights against Birth Defects: A cup of broccoli has 94 mcg of folic acid which is essential for proper fetus cellular division.
- Fights against Diabetics: Because of the high fiber and low sugar content insulin can be kept to a minimum.
- Prevent Heart Disease: The carotenoid lutein B6 and folate may prevent the risk of hearts diseases and stroke.